CARNEGIE HALL PRESENTS
Saturday, February 4, 2012 | 5 PM
Neighborhood Concert: Jonathan Beyer, Baritone and Kristin Okerlund, Piano
Advent Lutheran Church
Baritone Jonathan Beyer has a voice big enough to fill the largest concert halls—and the personality to match it. Praised for his “robust, handsome voice” by The Washington Post, Mr. Beyer plays a wide range of starring operatic roles, from the president in John Adam’s Nixon in China to the tortured Marcello from Puccini’s La bohème. He also performs as a soloist in intimate recitals and large-scale concerts with world-renowned orchestras, such as the Netherlands Radio Orchestra, Chicago Symphony Orchestra, and The Philadelphia Orchestra. Mr. Beyer and Kristin Okerlund performed last season at Carnegie Hall as part of Marilyn Horne’s The Song Continues … series.
Pianist Kristin Okerlund has performed around the world as a celebrated soloist, chamber musician, and accompanist with many renowned musicians. She has served as an accompanist for the Vienna State Opera since 1993, and holds a teaching position at the Vienna Conservatory, where she conducts her own opera coaching class.
- Jonathan Beyer, Baritone
- Kristin Okerlund, Pianist
- TCHAIKOVSKY "Don Juan's Serenade," Op. 38, No. 1
- TCHAIKOVSKY "Does the day reign?," Op. 47, No. 6
- TCHAIKOVSKY "None but the lonely heart," Op. 6, No. 6
- TCHAIKOVSKY "As Over Burning Embers," Op. 25, No. 2
- COPLAND Selections from Old American Songs
·· The Dodger
·· Simple Gifts
·· The Little Horses
·· Zion's Wall
·· At the River
- ZEMLINSKY "Entbietung," Op. 7, No. 2
- ZEMLINSKY "O Blätter, durre Blätter" from Gesänge, Op. 5, No. 3
- ZEMLINSKY "Vor der Stadt" from Lieder, Op. 2, No. 7
- ZEMLINSKY Meine Braut führ ich heim, Op. 10, No. 4
- RAVEL Don Quichotte à Dulcinée
··Chanson à boire
- BOWLES Lonesome Man from Blue Mountain Ballads
- BERGER "Lonely People"
- RODGERS "Lonely Room" from Oklahoma!
- GERSHWIN "Someone to Watch Over Me" from Oh, Kay!
- BARBER "I Hear an Army," Op. 10, No. 3