CARNEGIE HALL PRESENTS
Saturday, April 21, 2012 | 5 PM
Community Sing: Westminster Choir
Advent Lutheran Church
Experience the magic of ensemble singing by attending one of Carnegie Hall’s Community Sings—designed for all ages, no experience necessary. You’ll learn what it takes to be a member of these dynamic groups and experience the power of singing for yourself.
Setting the standard for choral excellence for almost a century, the legendary Westminster Choir’s immaculate technique and exquisite musicality has won them international recognition and countless Grammy awards. These young choristers, part of the larger Westminster Symphonic Choir, have performed around the world with major orchestras (over 300 performances with the New York Philharmonic alone) under virtually every household-name conductor from the last 70 years, including Arturo Toscanini, Leopold Stokowski, Eugene Ormandy, Leonard Bernstein, and Riccardo Muti.
- Westminster Choir
Joe Miller, Conductor
- Thomas Cabaniss
- WEELKES Gloria in excelsis Deo
- TRAD. TRADITIONAL Shenandoah (arr. James Erb)
- KREEK Taaveti laul No. 104 (Psalm 104)
- RACHMANINOFF “Come, let us worship,” from All-night Vigil, Op. 37
- HAMMERSCHMIDT Heilig ist der Herr
- ERIKS EŠENVALDS Long Road
- DOLLY PARTON Light of a Clear Blue Morning (arr. Craig Hella Johnson)
- THOMAS LAVOY White Stones
- TRAD. Anyhow (arr. Evelyn La Rue Pittman)
Community Sings Trailer
Experience the magic of ensemble singing by attending one of Carnegie Hall's Community Sing events—designed for all ages, no experience necessary. Watch past participants become ensemble members for a day with groups such as Soweto Gospel Choir, Lila Downs, Take 6, and more.