CARNEGIE HALL PRESENTS
Thursday, November 14, 2013 | 7:30 PM
Weill Recital Hall
"A poised and monstrously talented … violinist” (The Philadelphia Inquirer ),Benjamin Beilman takes the term “up-and-comer” to a whole new level. Before graduating from the Curtis Institute of Music, Beilman won many accolades, including the Avery Fisher Career Grant and first prize in the Montreal International Musical Competition—distinctions that have quickly thrust him onto stages across North America and Europe. The talented violinist comes to Carnegie Hall with a program that features the world premiere of a new work by composer David Ludwig.
This concert is part of Salon Encores.
- Benjamin Beilman, Violin
- Yekwon Sunwoo, Piano
- BACH Violin Sonata in G Major, BWV 1019
- TCHAIKOVSKY Valse-scherzo in C Major, Op. 34
- STRAVINSKY Divertimento from Le baiser de la fée
- DAVID LUDWIG New Work (World Premiere, commissioned by Carnegie Hall)
- BRAHMS Violin Sonata No. 3 in D Minor, Op. 108
Prokofiev's Violin Sonata in D Major, Op.94 (Allegro con brio)
Benjamin Beilman, Violin | Yekwon Sunwoo, Piano