CARNEGIE HALL PRESENTS
Tuesday, February 19, 2013 | 7:30 PM
Postponed: Nathan Gunn
This performance, originally scheduled for this Tuesday, February 19 in Zankel Hall, has been postponed due to illness. A replacement date for this performance will be announced in coming days.
Ticketholders should retain their original tickets for this performance as they will be honored for the new date. For additional information, the general public may contact CarnegieCharge at (212) 247-7800.
Whether singing The Magic Flute or premiering a new American opera, Nathan Gunn is always compelling. As The New York Times puts it, “He brings all kinds of excellence to his work: musical intelligence, crisp rhythmic delivery and sensitivity to the text, impressive acting skills, and daring physicality.” For this recital, he’s joined by his wife, pianist Julie Gunn, and the Pacifica Quartet for a newly commissioned work.
The contemporary work on this program is part of My Time, My Music.
- Nathan Gunn, Baritone
- Julie Gunn, Piano
- Pacifica Quartet
·· Simin Ganatra, Violin
·· Sibbi Bernhardsson, Violin
·· Masumi Per Rostad, Viola
·· Brandon Vamos, Cello
- BEN MOORE "When You Are Old" (arr. J. Gunn)
- BEN MOORE "Lake Isle of Innisfree" (arr. J. Gunn)
- QUILTER "In the Highlands," Op. 26 (arr. J. Gunn)
- QUILTER "Over the Land is April" (arr. J. Gunn)
- BUTTERWORTH Six Songs from A Shropshire Lad
- BARBER Dover Beach
- IVES "Down East"
- IVES "Tom Sails Away"
- IVES "An Old Flame"
- IVES "General William Booth Enters into Heaven"
- IVES "The Things Our Fathers Loved"
- IVES "The Circus Band"
- BOWLES Blue Mountain Ballads
·· Heavenly Grass
·· Lonesome Man
·· Sugar in the Cane
- JENNIFER HIGDON Dooryard Bloom (World Premiere of chamber version)