CARNEGIE HALL PRESENTS
Friday, January 17, 2014 | 7:30 PM
Weill Recital Hall
Recognized by The New York Times for his "exquisitely sensitive playing" and "stunning agility," mandolinist Avi Avital is one of the world’s most exciting young musicians. Avital comes to Carnegie Hall for a unique recital that showcases his deep commitment to building a fresh legacy for the mandolin through virtuosic performance and exciting new repertoire.
This concert is part of Salon Encores.
- Avi Avital, Mandolin
- Sivan Magen, Harp
- String Quartet to be announced
- ANONYMOUS Tre fontane
- BACH Partita No. 2 in D Minor, BWV 1004
- BLOCH "Nigun" from Baal shem
- YASUO KUWAHARA Improvised Poem
- FALLA Siete canciones populares españolas (arr. Avital)
- DAVID BRUCE Cymbeline for Mandolin and String Quartet (NY Premiere)
Bach's Concerto in D minor (Allegro)
Avi Avital, Mandolin