CARNEGIE HALL PRESENTS
Thursday, February 20, 2014 | 7:30 PM
Weill Recital Hall
When violinist Fabio Biondi and his period-instrument ensemble Europa Galante last appeared at Carnegie Hall, they were heralded by The New York Times for playing “with the precision and zestiness necessary to make the music of Vivaldi and his Italian contemporaries sizzle as it must have done in their day.” The early-music specialist returns, this time in a solo recital, for what will undoubtedly be a remarkable rethinking of Baroque music with pianist Kenneth Weiss.
This concert is part of Salon Encores.
- Fabio Biondi, Violin
- Kenneth Weiss, Harpsichord
- BACH Violin Sonata in G Major, BWV 1021
- BACH Violin Sonata No. 6 in G Major, BWV 1019
- BACH Violin Sonata No. 4 in C Minor, BWV 1017
- BACH Italian Concerto, BWV 971
- P.A. LOCATELLI Sonata in D Minor, Op. 6, No. 12
Bach's Violin Concerto in D Minor, BWV 1052R (Allegro)
Europa Galante | Fabio Biondi, Conductor and Violin