Designed for New York City public middle schools that do not have established music programs, this afterschool initiative provides young singers—many of whom have never studied music before—with community choral experiences and prepares them to audition for performing arts high schools. These intensive workshops include sessions focusing on sight-singing, rhythm, pitch, diction, and audition techniques, while instilling a sense of achievement and connection with fellow participants.
Fall 2013 sessions are for eighth-grade students who are committed to auditioning for performing arts high schools.
• Gain valuable experience about how to successfully audition for music high schools.
• Learn the songs and skills required for auditions.
• Connect with choral directors at local high schools and community choirs.
Spring 2014 sessions are for sixth- to eighth-grade students who want to learn how to sing in a choir.
• Learn the basics of how to read music, support your singing voice, and sing in a range of styles.
• Join a community of young singers who share their love of music.
• All students can audition for the citywide Salute to Music program culminating with a concert at Carnegie Hall.
All Count Me In sessions
• take place in your neighborhood
• are free, and transportation assistance is provided
• allow you to earn a Count Me In certificate for your resume.
Register Now: BronxRegister Now: BrooklynRegister Now: ManhattanRegister Now: Queens
Spanish registration forms are coming soon!