Asset Cataloging Assistant
- Archives Department
- Reports To:
- Assistant Director, Archives
- Part Time
- Job Code:
- Ast Cat Asst
For more than a century, New York City's Carnegie Hall has set the international standard for excellence in performance. Its walls have echoed with applause for the world's outstanding classical music artists, as they have for the greatest popular musicians and many prominent dancers, authors, social crusaders, and world figures who have appeared on its stages. Today, the venue remains a preeminent concert hall and a vital, active cultural destination for performers and audiences.
Carnegie Hall seeks a temporary part-time Asset Cataloging Assistant to work with the Carnegie Hall Archives (CHA) team to complete activities related to a grant-funded digitization project. This part-time, temporary position will be focused on cataloging and describing digital assets in the Digital Asset Management System (DAMS). This temporary, grant-funded part-time position is offered beginning on or after August 15, 2018 for 21 hours per week for approximately 14 weeks.
- Complete in-depth cataloging for each digital asset using a combination of Dublin Core, DACS (Describing Archives: A Content Standard), and custom fields
- Apply controlled vocabularies from authoritative internal and external data sources
- Catalog digital assets with relevant and accurate metadata and keywords based on CH’s descriptive content model requirements
- Add enhanced information about the context and content of the collections
Special Skills Required:
Degree in Archival Management or Library Information Science (master’s degree a plus) or currently enrolled in a program. Understanding of databases, working knowledge of digital content formats, and experience working with digital asset management systems. Coursework/training in metadata. The successful candidate is highly organized, self-directed, and detail-oriented.
To apply to this role, please send a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com. We are an equal opportunity employer. People of color, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.