Assistant, Special Events
- Special Events
- Reports To:
- Director, Special Events
- Full Time
- Job Code:
We seek a Special Events Assistant who will assist in fundraising, event planning, and implementation for approximately four major fundraisers annually in Carnegie Hall’s season, as well as providing essential administrative support for the Special Events department. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: processing gift contributions daily, writing all donor acknowledgements, implementing solicitations mailings, organizing gala dinner seating, and facilitating onsite preparations for each event. In addition, the Assistant is responsible for managing the Tessitura database for Special Events, which includes preparing donor and leadership mailing lists, researching donors and ensuring donor records are updated, obtaining guest names and organizing calligraphy, tracking outstanding pledge payments, invoices, tax deductible receipts, and post-event analysis.
• Bachelor's Degree
• 1 year of internship or professional experience in fundraising, preferably in events and/or non-profit
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, understand how to prioritize workload, and be detailed-oriented in a fast-paced work environment.
• Strong writing, editing, and interpersonal communications
• Computer and database skills needed including mail merges in Microsoft Word and familiarity in Microsoft Excel. Knowledge of non-profit software a plus (such as Tessitura or Raiser’s Edge)
• Some evening and weekend hours required