Associate, Foundation Relations
- Reports To:
- Director, Foundation Relations
- Full Time
Since 1891, New York's Carnegie Hall has set the international standard for excellence in performance, presenting exceptional concerts by the world’s finest artists on its three iconic stages, from orchestral concerts, chamber music, contemporary offerings, and recitals to jazz, world, and popular music. Complementing its performance activities, Carnegie Hall’s Weill Music Institute (WMI) creates extensive music education and social impact programs that annually serve more than 600,000 people worldwide, playing a central role in fulfilling Carnegie Hall's commitment to making great music accessible to as many people as possible.
Description of the department’s team
The Foundation Relations team is seeking an Associate to join its dynamic, close-knit group. Our team manages relationships with more than 100 foundations and raises about $4 million in revenue for Carnegie Hall every year. Our four-person team consists of a Director, Manager, Associate, and Coordinator.
Responsibilities include assisting the Foundation Relations Director, as well as the Chief Development Officer and Executive and Artistic Director in all aspects of foundation fundraising, with primary focus on annual fund solicitations, proposal preparation, grant reporting, research, and related administrative duties.
Description of responsibilities
- Write grant proposals, reports, and donor correspondence for renewable annual fund grants and grants for ongoing programs to enable the team to meet annual revenue goals.
- Manage deadlines and administer production of proposals, interim and final reports for grant fulfillment. Implement and track tasks and Foundation research and profiles in Tessitura database. Track annual fund grant contributions and expenses. Execute other general administrative and grants management duties as needed.
- Assist the Foundation Relations Director in matching Foundation grant-making criteria to Carnegie Hall programs, working with various Carnegie Hall departments as appropriate.
- Provide support for Foundation Relations Director for special projects, including invitations to artistic and education programs and other related activity.
- Supervise Foundation Relations Coordinator on assigned tasks.
- BA/BS degree with 2-3 years experience required or equivalent graduate degree.
- Grants writing experience and music or arts background strong pluses.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented individual must possess strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Computer knowledge and experience with database management essential.
- Some evening and weekend hours required to meet proposal and reporting deadlines, for special events and during performance season.
Carnegie Hall is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Decisions concerning employment are made on the basis of an individual’s qualifications to contribute to meeting Carnegie Hall’s needs, and Carnegie Hall is committed not to discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, color, national origin, citizenship, religion, sex (including gender identity, gender expression or status of being transgender), sexual orientation, marital status, familial status, status as a caregiver, status as a victim of domestic violence or sex offenses or stalking, criminal convictions (except where otherwise permitted by law), arrest record, credit history, pregnancy, age, mental or physical disability, veteran or military status, reproductive health decisions, or any other characteristic protected by law.