Associate, Special Events
- Special Events
- Reports To:
- Director, Special Events
- Full Time
- Job Code:
We seek an Associate in the Special Events Department. The Associate will be responsible for solicitations, print and electronic materials, strategic marketing, and implementation for approximately four major fundraisers annually in Carnegie Hall’s season. Furthermore, the Associate will work with the Senior Manager on concert ticketing and step in as needed for other cultivation events throughout the season.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: creating and managing production calendar, writing all solicitation collateral (Trustee announcement, early reservation letters, invitation copy, follow up notes to prospects, etc.), generating mailing lists and extractions for all solicitations mailings, researching and creating new prospect lists, promoting lists in Tessitura, personalizing marketing materials for each event, and Special Event integration within Carnegie Hall larger collateral materials (subscription brochure, season guide, annual report, etc.). In addition, the Associate is responsible for management of all Gala print materials (save the dates, reservation forms, invitation, menu cards, table numbers, event programs, Playbill donor listing, etc.) for Special Events fundraisers, as well as website, online flows, and email blasts.
• Bachelor's Degree
• 2 years of professional experience in fundraising, preferably in events and/or non-profit organization
• Superior writing, editing, and interpersonal communications are essential
• Great communication skills and ability to liaise internally across all departments
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, understand how to prioritize workload, and be detailed-oriented in a fast-paced work environment.
• Computer and database experience including mail merges in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and knowledge of non-profit software such as Tessitura or Raiser’s Edge a major plus.
• Some evening and weekend hours required