Coordinator, Development Services
- Reports To:
- Director of Development Systems and Administration
- Full Time
Since 1891, New York's Carnegie Hall has set the international standard for excellence in performance, presenting exceptional concerts by the world’s finest artists on its three iconic stages, from orchestral concerts, chamber music, contemporary offerings, and recitals to jazz, world, and popular music. Complementing its performance activities, Carnegie Hall’s Weill Music Institute (WMI) creates extensive music education and social impact programs that annually serve more than 600,000 people worldwide, playing a central role in fulfilling Carnegie Hall's commitment to making great music accessible to as many people as possible.
1) Scope of responsibilities:
We seek a dynamic and detail-oriented Coordinator to support fundraising administration in the Development Services department. This position will interface with a variety of departments across Carnegie Hall to help facilitate donor recognition, accurate record keeping and support the fundraising efforts of the entire Development department.
Key responsibilities include:
- Managing comprehensive records of all donor credits and informing key stakeholders of any updates as necessary.
- Working with Development, Creative Services, Digital Content and Engagement, and other departments to coordinate approval of all donor recognition in outgoing marketing materials, emails, videos and print pieces (including Playbill).
- Coordinating with other Development Services team members to update credits on the website.
- Preparing iPads and distributing tickets for concert duty in the Patron Lounge.
- Providing administrative support for the department including processing invoices, distributing monthly reports, data entry, and managing the calendar and deadlines for the Director.
- Act as a back-up for gift entry and other administrative tasks when needed.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and accurately handle a large volume of diverse work.
- Should be able to exercise good judgment in prioritizing work and require minimal supervision.
- Excellent organizational skills with superior attention to detail and a creative approach to problem-solving are required.
- Must demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Should have working knowledge of MS Excel (sorting, formulas, sums).
- Familiarity with Tessitura and/or experience with data entry preferred.
- Some music or other arts/humanities background a plus.
Carnegie Hall is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Decisions concerning employment are made on the basis of an individual’s qualifications to contribute to meeting Carnegie Hall’s needs, and Carnegie Hall is committed not to discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, color, national origin, citizenship, religion, sex (including gender identity, gender expression or status of being transgender), sexual orientation, marital status, familial status, status as a caregiver, status as a victim of domestic violence or sex offenses or stalking, criminal convictions (except where otherwise permitted by law), arrest record, credit history, pregnancy, age, mental or physical disability, veteran or military status, reproductive health decisions, or any other characteristic protected by law.