- Digital Content and Engagement
- Reports To:
- Manager, Email Marketing and Strategy
- Full Time
Since 1891, Carnegie Hall has set the international standard for musical excellence as the aspirational destination for the world’s finest artists. The Hall presents a wide range of performances each season on its three iconic stages, including concert series curated by acclaimed artists and composers; orchestral performances, chamber music, new music concerts, and recitals; and the best in jazz, world, and popular music. Complementing these performance activities, Carnegie Hall’s Weill Music Institute creates extensive music education and social impact programs that annually serve more than 800,000 people worldwide, playing a central role in fulfilling Carnegie Hall’s commitment to making great music accessible to as many people as possible.
The Coordinator, Email will work with the Manager, Email Marketing and Strategy in all aspects of daily email marketing management. The Coordinator will assist in the creation and implementation of Carnegie Hall’s mass email marketing, in conjunction with the Manager, Email Marketing and Strategy, including preparing e-newsletters, promotional emails, and triggered email campaigns for routing, review, and deployment.
- Produce emails for various Carnegie Hall departments, including but not limited to Marketing, Development, and the Weill Music Institute, Carnegie Hall’s education and social impact department.
- Work closely with the Manager, Email and Digital Strategy to define email production and implementation schedule.
- Obtain necessary routing approvals and ensure on-time delivery of email messaging.
- Oversee requests for, routing, and launches of weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, and quarterly newsletters.
- Assist with troubleshooting and testing of email delivery success on email providers and platforms.
- Monitor email deployment to ensure delivery success.
- Compile and provide email analytics
- Assist with general departmental duties ;and other tasks upon request.
- Work collaboratively to create and enhance email templates.
- A working knowledge of an enterprise level email system is desired, ideally WordFly.
- Basic knowledge of Photoshop, and experience with HTML and CSS.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Specifically MS Excel and MS Word)
- Familiarity with email marketing and design best practices.
- Excellent writing skills with experience in writing for digital purposes.
- Impeccable attention to detail and organizational capacity.
- Excellent time management along with ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Ability to work well in a high-pressure environment with competing deadlines and demands from various cross-departmental stakeholders.
- Basic understanding of routing processes.
- Analytically-driven to use data to create meaningful insights.
- Culturally responsive, superior communication and interpersonal skills.
- Passion and knowledge of music a major plus.
- Some evening and weekend coverage required.
Carnegie Hall is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Decisions concerning employment are made on the basis of an individual’s qualifications to contribute to meeting Carnegie Hall’s needs, and Carnegie Hall is committed not to discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, color, national origin, citizenship, religion, sex (including gender identity, gender expression or status of being transgender), sexual orientation, marital status, familial status, status as a caregiver, status as a victim of domestic violence or sex offenses or stalking, criminal convictions (except where otherwise permitted by law), arrest record, credit history, pregnancy, age, mental or physical disability, veteran or military status, reproductive health decisions, or any other characteristic protected by law.