Coordinator, Foundation Relations
- Reports To:
- Director, Foundation Relations
- Full Time
Since 1891, New York's Carnegie Hall has set the international standard for excellence in performance, presenting exceptional concerts by the world’s finest artists on its three iconic stages, from orchestral concerts, chamber music, contemporary offerings, and recitals to jazz, world, and popular music. Complementing its performance activities, Carnegie Hall’s Weill Music Institute creates extensive music education and social impact programs that annually serve more than 600,000 people worldwide, playing a central role in fulfilling Carnegie Hall's commitment to making great music accessible to as many people as possible.
The Foundation Relations team is seeking a Coordinator to join their dynamic, close-knit group. Our team manages relationships with more than 100 foundations and raises about $4 million in revenue for Carnegie Hall every year. Our five-person team consists of a Director, Manager, Associate, Coordinator, and Intern.
Responsibilities include supporting the cultivation and stewardship of relationships with private and public foundations, and to help secure annual fund grants for Carnegie Hall.
Description of responsibilities
The individual will provide administrative support for all aspects of the Foundation Relations department’s responsibilities including, but not limited to:
- Correspondence for donors and prospects, including gift and payment acknowledgements, inquiries, and invitations
- Proposal preparation, proofreading, submission, and tracking
- Some proposal, letter of inquiry, and report writing
- Gift entry, report and list generation, and donor solicitations tracking in Tessitura database
- Track and record donor credits for Playbill and other publications.
- Prospect research, donor profiles, and donor meeting briefings
- Donor credits, concert ticketing, and revenue and expense tracking and reporting
- Maintain all foundation donor records and interactions on database system; prepare reports as needed.
- Representing the Foundation Relations department in a liaison role with Development Services and Special Events, as needed.
- General office management such as answering phones, filing and archiving, mail merges, scheduling meetings
Special skills preferred:
- BA plus one year of work experience in office support role/non-profit organization
- Excellent writing and research skills
- Extremely detail-oriented and able to multi-task efficiently in a time-sensitive, high volume work area
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including production of mail merges and calculations in Excel. Fundraising software program experience extremely helpful, particularly Tessitura experience
- Willingness to work overtime, evening hours a few times during the performance season
- Demonstrated interest in and knowledge of the arts and music is preferred
Carnegie Hall is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Decisions concerning employment are made on the basis of an individual’s qualifications to contribute to meeting Carnegie Hall’s needs, and Carnegie Hall is committed not to discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, color, national origin, citizenship, religion, sex (including gender identity, gender expression or status of being transgender), sexual orientation, marital status, familial status, status as a caregiver, status as a victim of domestic violence or sex offenses or stalking, criminal convictions (except where otherwise permitted by law), arrest record, credit history, pregnancy, age, mental or physical disability, veteran or military status, reproductive health decisions, or any other characteristic protected by law.