Coordinator, Front of House
- Program Planning and Operations
- Reports To:
- Front of House Manager
- Full Time
Since 1891, Carnegie Hall has set the international standard for musical excellence as the aspirational destination for the world’s finest artists. The Hall presents a wide range of performances each season on its three iconic stages, including concert series curated by acclaimed artists and composers; orchestral performances, chamber music, new music concerts, and recitals; and the best in jazz, world, and popular music. Complementing these performance activities, Carnegie Hall’s Weill Music Institute creates extensive music education and social impact programs that annually serve more than 800,000 people worldwide, playing a central role in fulfilling Carnegie Hall’s commitment to making great music accessible to as many people as possible.
The Front of House Coordinator supports the Front of House Manager in the hiring, training, payroll, and scheduling of over 70 union ushers. This role assists the Front of House Manager with the concert customer service, audience services, and overall experience for three concert halls and event spaces. The Front of House Coordinator must be able to deliver exceptional customer service while under pressure.
- Assists Manager with the supervision of usher staff during concerts
- Support the Front of House Manager in scheduling staff in accordance with the needs of Hall Operations, Production, and Artistic Programming
- Prepares and updates usher payroll for submission
- Coordinates meetings with the Head Usher, Assistant Head Usher, Captains and Usher staff
- Upholds Carnegie Hall’s customer service practices
- Provides leadership in emergency situations
- Maintains health and safety protocols, including COVID compliance
- Must be available to work nights, weekends, and holidays
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Self-motivated with the ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced work environment
- Experience with SharePoint, Artifax, Tessitura, Proxyclick and DocuSign preferred
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office
- Familiarity with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Ability to acquire and maintain Certificate of Fitness and CPR/AED certification
- Ability to stand for long periods
- Ability to frequently climb stairs without a handrail
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of Carnegie Hall Corp.
Carnegie Hall is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Decisions concerning employment are made on the basis of an individual’s qualifications to contribute to meeting Carnegie Hall’s needs, and Carnegie Hall is committed not to discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, color, national origin, citizenship, religion, sex (including gender identity, gender expression or status of being transgender), sexual orientation, marital status, familial status, status as a caregiver, status as a victim of domestic violence or sex offenses or stalking, criminal convictions (except where otherwise permitted by law), arrest record, credit history, pregnancy, age, mental or physical disability, veteran or military status, reproductive health decisions, or any other characteristic protected by law.