Director - Major Gifts
- Reports To:
- Chief Development Officer
- Full Time
- Job Code:
- DMG - D
For more than a century, New York City's Carnegie Hall has set the international standard for excellence in performance. Its walls have echoed with applause for the world's outstanding classical music artists, as they have for the greatest popular musicians and many prominent dancers, authors, social crusaders, and world figures who have appeared on its stages. Today, the venue remains a preeminent concert hall and a vital, active cultural destination for performers and audiences.
Reporting to the Chief Development Officer, the Director, Major Gifts serves as a senior member of Carnegie Hall's Development team overseeing fundraising efforts focused on current and prospective donors capable of giving $25,000+. The Director will be instrumental in setting the strategy to secure annual and restricted gifts from individual donors. And will have the responsibility of managing solicitation, benefit fulfillment, administration, and reporting and prospect cultivation.
- Work closely with Chief Development Officer to manage a cohesive major gifts program that successfully stewards current donors and provides a framework for cultivating prospective donors.
- Effectively manage major donors ($25k+) and prospects as well as successfully solicit major gifts; think creatively about how to structure and package solicitations of specific donors for areas of support.
- Responsible for achieving the budgeted annual revenue target agreed upon in partnership with the Chief Development Officer and the Executive and Artistic Director.
- Work with Director of Individual Giving to develop major giving prospects from current patrons.
- Oversee and/or prepare all communication materials required to support the major gifts program including all marketing, solicitation and acknowledgement materials
- Work with the Director of Individual Giving to create and execute innovative and targeted cultivation events and activities throughout the year
- Represent Carnegie Hall in Development Department and institutional activities, including special events and performances
Candidate should have 5+ years of front-line, major gifts fundraising experience; an energetic, creative and strategic approach to work; outstanding communication skills; proven ability to engage with a variety of constituents; experience developing compelling donor materials and events; excellent organizational and delegation skills as well as ability to work collaboratively with colleagues; and demonstrated ability to bring "best practices" to processes and procedures.