Director, Artistic Projects
- Program Planning & Operations
- Reports To:
- General Manager, Artistic & Operations
- Full Time
- Job Code:
We seek a Director, Artistic Projects. This position will oversee all production elements including rehearsal schedules, tickets, hospitality, hotel, travel, instrument rental, music rental, supertitles, signage, CITES documentation for visiting artists and orchestras. Must have overall knowledge of all Carnegie Hall presentations as they occur.
This position works closely with guest artists/ensembles to ensure needs are met; collaborate closely with all Departments at Carnegie Hall especially with Hall Operations- House Manager’s Office and Production on presentation details as it relates to daily hall schedule, load in/out schedule, piano tuning schedule; works with Production Office on all technical information including sound and lighting, and details for WQXR radio broadcasts and medici.tv webcasts for Carnegie Hall presents performances.
Act as Producer with Associate Director, Artistic Projects for all special higher profile large projects which include events like the Carnegie Hall Galas such as Opening Night each season, all Gala Musicals, etc… Oversee all elements of these productions which include negotiation of artist contracts, hiring creative team, handling all production elements and staging, scheduling rehearsals, coordinating artists travel and hotel, tickets, negotiating grand rights, music rental, rehearsal space rental, instrument rental, and keeping track of the budget for each event. Work closely with Development re: any post concert or pre concert activities which involve the artists.
- Make sure that logistically WQXR recordings and medici.tv broadcasts can happen based on technical needs vs. rehearsal needs.
- Coordinate Managers, Artistic Projects schedules each season with Associate Director, Artistic Projects.
- Cultivate relationships with local hotels and oversee yearly contracts with each hotel.
- Lead weekly production meetings.
- Hire outside production personnel as needed such as Sound Designers, Lighting Designers, etc.
- Coordinate needs for Post Concert Receptions as necessary.
- Work with Associate Director, Artistic Projects re: riders.
- Oversee Associate Director, Artistic Projects plus 2 Managers, Artistic Projects.
- Concert Duty Required.
- Management and production experience in a major musical organization
- Strong music background in many genres
- Knowledge of leading artists
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Excellent computer skills and detail oriented
- Ability to work evenings and weekends and in a fast paced environment with three concert halls running
- Bachelor’s Degree