Director, Digital Content & Engagement
- Reports To:
- Chief Marketing Officer
- Full Time
- Job Code:
The Director, Digital Content & Engagement is a lead content producer and digital content manager for Carnegie Hall, accountable for ensuring a cohesive and consistent presence across all interactive media channels and developing comprehensive marketing campaigns inclusive of content strategy. The Director supports revenue growth and brand activation in a thoughtful and meaningful manner, in collaboration with the Marketing department. This role partners with Web Development to plan and implement iterative development of carnegiehall.org. The effective Director is a cross-departmental project manager with a cohesive approach to content production and marketing, effective communication skills, creative ideas, project stewardship, and general leadership. The role includes management oversight of key staff and areas, including social media, email marketing, website production, and content development and production.
This individual possesses a strong understanding of web marketing technology and will use digital media and marketing techniques to accomplish Carnegie Hall’s objectives, including optimizing ticket sale and donation conversions, developing top-of-funnel content to acquire and engage audiences, and optimizing search engine results.
The Director also works closely with the Chief Digital Officer to shape the organization’s broader digital strategy, as well as new digital initiatives and partnerships such as Apple Music, Google Cultural Institute, broadcasts on medici.tv and WQXR-FM, and more.
The strong candidate possesses stellar communication skills, expertise in and passion for digital media and marketing, and a strong appreciation of music broadly, including classical, jazz, world, and pop music.
- Maintain and advance carnegiehall.org content, including the annual season launch, year-end fundraising, digital online curriculums, and other major initiatives. Plan content updates for carnegiehall.org. Create production schedules, adhere to deadlines, and route materials for web project approvals.
- Support the creation and execution of an organization-wide content strategy with key performance indicators of conversions, engagement, acquisition, and search engine optimization. Develop thoughtful and timely content campaigns in conjunction with marketing campaigns.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to develop and support ticket sales, fundraising, and education initiatives; further organizational efforts in online ticketing, fundraising, and education resources.
- Evaluate how content is created, deployed, promoted, and re-published; develop strategy to streamline this process and improve.
- Collaborate closely with Web Development on website product roadmap, functionality improvements, ongoing maintenance and updates, SEO, UX, planning and aligning marketing strategies with technology strategies.
- Supervise the Digital Content and Engagement Marketing (DCE) team on all aspects of daily operations, including the website, content development, digital writing, email marketing, video production, social media, and related activities.
- Set analytics benchmarks and goals; compile and distribute reports on web and email analytics and social media participation; make recommendations for future content development based on thorough evaluation of analytics.
- Guide and lend expertise to effective email marketing, including copy strategy, A/B testing, and comprehensive campaign messaging.
- Ensure that a broad institutional range of content is represented creatively across social media platforms.
- Support the development and promotion of global digital initiatives (i.e. Google Cultural Institute exhibits, medici.tv intermission videos, NYO).
- Participate in website leadership team and actively participate in web initiatives, road map planning, and decision-making.
- Develop annual budget, manage budget tracking and entry, including regular reconciliation.
- Other assignments and projects as necessary.
- Eight or more years of proven experience in digital marketing, content development, web development, and/or cross-channel campaign management. Deep digital marketing experience and knowledge of web technology required.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, train, and develop team members and to get results through others.
- Culturally responsive, superior communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to be flexible and limber in the workplace as needs shift.
- Team player; ability to work collaboratively with a variety of departments, and lead cross-departmental initiatives. Ability to engage leadership and build cross-departmental consensus for new initiatives.
- Excellent time management along with ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Ability to project manage across multiple stakeholders, including high self-motivation and independent thinking; ability to meet deadlines, negotiate conflicting priorities, and obtain results.
- Ability to identify opportunities to test and learn; launch innovative marketing strategies on an ongoing basis.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to present and report.
- Ability to sustain and grow a dynamic and vibrant new media culture while respecting and functioning within a more traditional, process-driven environment.
- Knowledge of music, including classical music, jazz, world music, and popular artists and repertoire.
- Knowledge and/or experience with Tessitura, Google Analytics, Mail2, Sitecore, Facebook Ad Manager, Google Grant and Display Network, and/or other similar systems.
- Passion for and commitment to Carnegie Hall’s mission and values.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Some evening and weekend coverage required.
To apply to this role, please send a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org . We are an equal opportunity employer. People of color, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.