Director of Technology Services
- Reports To:
- Full Time
For more than a century, New York City's Carnegie Hall has set the international standard for excellence in performance. Its walls have echoed with applause for the world's outstanding classical music artists, as they have for the greatest popular musicians and many prominent dancers, authors, social crusaders, and world figures who have appeared on its stages. Today, the venue remains a preeminent concert hall and a vital, active cultural destination for performers and audiences.
We are looking for an energetic, resourceful and customer-service focused technology leader to fill the Director, Technology Services role. Under the direction of the Chief Information Officer, and in coordination with other technology directors and mangers, the Director plans and leads the strategic direction for all infrastructure and back-office systems to support Carnegie Hall’s business operations and mission.
Scope of responsibilities:
• Manage the annual Technology Services budget, including: SaaS & IaaS resources, telecommunications, data services, systems hardware, maintenance plans, software licensing, dedicated hosting services, cybersecurity initiatives, and capital technology projects.
• Direct Technology Services support team to provide highest level of customer service, to execute IT initiatives on time and under budget, to introduce systems to support Carnegie Hall’s mission, and to maintain world-class uptime service levels on internal infrastructure systems.
• Act as primary cybersecurity officer to implement security practices to protect Carnegie Hall and its stakeholders from cybersecurity risks. Conduct regular security testing and establish controls to meet and exceed published security standards, including but not limited to PCI DSS and SOC 3.
• Negotiate contracts with SaaS vendors, hosting facilities, data circuit vendors, and telephony facilities, holding vendors to the highest standard of service quality.
• Provide digital facilities and support for Production and Education Wing events held at Carnegie Hall, including backstage monitoring systems, webcasting and other technology features.
Skills & Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Systems Management or equivalent experience required.
• At least ten (10) years’ experience in information technology, preferably at a performing arts organization.
• At least five (5) years’ experience in a technology supervisory leadership role, with a track record in leadership to promote effective IT operations and strong staff retention.
• Expertise in cyber-security practices, VPN management, PCI compliance, data encryption, and SOC 3.
• Ability to proactively drive projects and achieve institutional goals.
• Experience with budgeting related to technology business operations, preferably in a not-for-profit environment.
• Comforting in collaborating with staff at all levels, including senior leadership.
• Strong understanding of networking protocols (TCP/IP, WINS, SNMP), network routing (DNS, DHCP), messaging services (MX, SIP).
• Excellent communication, project management, and teamwork skills are required, as is the ability to work independently and with great attention to detail.