Graphic Designer, Art Department
- Creative Services
- Reports To:
- Design Director
- Full Time
- Job Code:
The Graphic Designer shares in the creative work of the Art department, Carnegie Hall’s in-house creative group and plays an integral role in executing and maintaining Carnegie Hall’s brand style. The Graphic Designer reports to the Design Director and would be part of a team of six designers with a track record of delivering innovative, thoughtful, and creative design representing Carnegie Hall.
- Thoroughly grasp and execute the Carnegie Hall brand style. Collaborate and support the Design Director and Art department with the evolution of the Carnegie Hall brand.
- Create and design various pieces of print and digital collateral, including but not limited to subscription and event three-sheet posters and lobby cards, major season publications, and materials for programs of the Weill Music Institute, Carnegie Hall’s education and social impact arm.
- Create and design collateral for Carnegie Hall Citywide concerts, free concerts across all of New York City five boroughs.
- Create and design collateral for Carnegie Hall’s Event Services department, in support of private rentals including weddings, bar and bat mitzvahs, and other special events.
- Design digital materials (i.e. social media graphics) in collaboration with the Senior Digital Designer.
- Design Playbill stuffers and other supporting season materials.
- Be an active and vocal participant within the Art department and overall Marketing department.
- Ensure projects are completed with high quality and on schedule.
- Other projects as assigned.
- Two or more years of proven experience in and knowledge of graphic design.
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite and the Macintosh operating system, with a working knowledge of Adobe After Effects and Premiere.
- Impeccable attention to detail and organization.
- Culturally responsive communication and interpersonal skills, with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to be flexible in the workplace as needs shift.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with a variety of departments; ability to engage with leadership and build cross-departmental relationships.
- Excellent time management skills; ability to work in a high-pressure environment with competing deadlines and demands from cross-departmental stakeholders; ability to work on tight deadlines as well as long-lead projects.
- Highly self-motivated and decisive.
- Passion for and commitment to Carnegie Hall’s mission and values.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of graphic design and art education.
- Knowledge of and enthusiasm for music is a major plus.
- Some evening and weekend coverage required.