Intern, Early Childhood Programs
- Weill Music Institute
- Reports To:
- Assistant Director, Early Childhood Programs
- Job Code:
Carnegie Hall’s Weill Music Institute seeks a part-time, paid intern for January-June 2019. The intern will assist the broader Early Childhood Programs team of the Weill Music Institute, the education and social impact arm of one of the leading music presenters in the world. The intern will work with a dedicated staff to assist with programming and planning for the Lullaby Project and other Early Childhood Programs.
Office administration and production responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Supporting administrative operations through database management, mailings, online event listings, research, and assessment projects.
• Preparing for events by updating internal department schedules, creating event production templates, and preparing program and marketing copy.
• Assisting with daily office tasks such as copying, filing, mailing, scanning, errands, etc.
• Contributing to program planning for future seasons.
• Staffing events and workshops as needed.
• Other project based work as assigned.
Special skills required: Intern must be detail-oriented, confident, self-motivated, a collaborative team member, have strong organizational skills and a proven ability to multitask. Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Outlook, and database management are required. Fluency in Spanish a plus.
Previous experience in arts administration and knowledge of music are strongly preferred. Flexible scheduling available toward a 20 hour work week. Some weekends and evenings may be required. Start and end dates are flexible.
To apply to this role, please send a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. We are an equal opportunity employer. People of color, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.