Intern, Learning and Engagement Programs
- Weill Music Institute
- Reports To:
- Managers, Learning and Engagement Programs
- Job Code:
Carnegie Hall’s Weill Music Institute seeks a part-time, paid intern for January-May 2020. The intern will assist the Learning & Engagement team of the Weill Music Institute, the education and community arm of one of the leading music presenters in the world. The intern will work with dedicated staff to assist with presenting opportunities for teachers and students across the following programs and planning for future projects and concerts: Musical Explorers, Link Up, Music Educators Workshop, PlayUSA and Family Programs.
Office administration and production responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Conducting general program research and assessment
- Managing various social media initiatives
- Assisting with production needs of concerts and professional development workshops
- Organizing mailings of curriculum materials and program information for schools
- Performing daily office tasks such as copying, filing, mailing, scanning, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
Intern must be detail-oriented, confident, self-motivated, a collaborative team member and have a proven ability to multitask and strong organizational skills. Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Outlook, and database management are required. Previous experience in arts administration and knowledge of music are strongly preferred. Flexible scheduling is available for up to 20 hours per work week. Some weekends and evenings may be required. Start and end dates are flexible.