Manager, Education Production
- Weill Music Institute
- Reports To:
- Assistant Director, Education Production
- Full Time
- Job Code:
Carnegie Hall seeks a Production Manager to join the Education Production team. Responsible for producing a variety of events across New York City, the U.S. and internationally, this position is part of the Weill Music Institute (WMI), Carnegie Hall's education and social impact arm.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Produce and manage multiple Weill Music Institute presentations including concerts, workshops, masterclasses and special events in a variety of traditional and non-traditional performance spaces.
- Lead production meetings and generate documents for each project assigned, such as production schedules, stage plots, run sheets, input lists and reports.
- Communicate with artists, partners and participants to obtain requirements for all presentations, including but not limited to technical requirements, backline, and hospitality.
- Advise on staffing and technical needs for assigned productions and arrange rentals as necessary.
- Act as a liaison between programming teams and internal or external venue staff on all assigned programs and projects.
- Ensure space reservations, scheduling, catering, guest entry and ticketing are in order through collaboration with the Education Production, Operations and program teams.
- Participate in load-ins/load-outs, setup/operate equipment or call cues when necessary and permitted by House rules.
- Support part or all of a residency period as part of the National Youth Orchestra, NYO2 and NYO Jazz summer programs at SUNY Purchase, and serve as production manager with one of these ensembles on tour.
- Support other members of the Education Production team with their assignments as required.
- Professional stage management or production management experience in the performing arts or live events
- Knowledge of live audio, theatrical lighting and video playback
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Ability to maintain a calm demeanor under pressure
- Ability to work independently, delegate tasks while working as part of a team, meet deadlines and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office. Experience with AutoCad, VectorWorks or other drafting programs is a plus.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including nights and weekends, and travel as required
- Ability to lift at least 30 lbs.
- Experience producing events in community venues, flexible spaces and touring is preferred.