Manager, Email Marketing and Strategy
- Digital Content and Engagement
- Reports To:
- Director, Digital Content and Engagement
- Full Time
Since 1891, Carnegie Hall has set the international standard for musical excellence as the aspirational destination for the world’s finest artists. The Hall presents a wide range of performances each season on its three iconic stages, including concert series curated by acclaimed artists and composers; orchestral performances, chamber music, new music concerts, and recitals; and the best in jazz, world, and popular music. Complementing these performance activities, Carnegie Hall’s Weill Music Institute creates extensive music education and social impact programs that annually serve more than 800,000 people worldwide, playing a central role in fulfilling Carnegie Hall’s commitment to making great music accessible to as many people as possible.
The Manager, Email Marketing and Strategy will be responsible for optimizing Carnegie Hall’s email marketing efforts, from ideation to execution, based on departmental and institutional objectives and campaigns, primarily including (but not limited to) support of institutional messaging, constituent stewardship, ticket sales, fundraising, and educational outreach and recruitment.
This position works closely with colleagues across the institution to consider how email marketing and approaches are a thoughtful component of holistic, cross-platform campaigns. They are responsible for email campaign creation, testing, and proofing, as well as developing routing schedules to ensure timely approvals from stakeholders. They report to the Director of Digital Content and Engagement and manage an email coordinator responsible for day-to-day email operations, such as content entry and circulation for approvals.
The Manager, Email Marketing and Strategy is knowledgeable about best practices in email and web design, and ensures these standards continue to be met, testing, and enhancing email templates to comply with trending technologies and device standards. The ideal candidate will be a strong project manager who works successfully in a high-pressure environment with evolving deadlines and demands from many different departments within the organization. It is important that they can react quickly and efficiently to emergencies, and work with multiple stakeholders to ensure that communication is maintained.
- Collaborate on campaign timelines, copy, segmentation, and content creation
- Oversee and execute email creation, routing schedule, and stakeholder approvals
- Make data-informed recommendations for iteration based on response rates and testing
- Complete technical maintenance of the email system and processes
- Actively seek opportunities for growth in thoughtful marketing automation by creating more efficient and effective workflows
- Ensure technical aspects are running smoothly between the ESP (Wordfly) and CRM (Tessitura)
- Maintain relationships with third-party vendors
- Work together with technical support and Carnegie Hall’s IT teams to resolve issues efficiently
- Ability to project manage and act as a partner to multiple stakeholders; overseeing competing deadlines
- Thorough and detail-oriented approach to all aspects of role and responsibilities
- Extensive experience of enterprise-level email marketing platforms, particularly Wordfly
- Advanced HTML and CSS skills
- Experience with Tessitura software and contact list
- Familiarity with Photoshop
- Familiarity with Google Analytics
- Knowledge of GDPR, CAN-SPAM, and email database management best-practices
- Culturally responsive, exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Occasional after-hours and weekend coverage
- Relevant prior experience
- Commitment and enthusiasm for Carnegie Hall’s mission of making great music accessible to as many people as possible
Carnegie Hall is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Decisions concerning employment are made on the basis of an individual’s qualifications to contribute to meeting Carnegie Hall’s needs, and Carnegie Hall is committed not to discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, color, national origin, citizenship, religion, sex (including gender identity, gender expression or status of being transgender), sexual orientation, marital status, familial status, status as a caregiver, status as a victim of domestic violence or sex offenses or stalking, criminal convictions (except where otherwise permitted by law), arrest record, credit history, pregnancy, age, mental or physical disability, veteran or military status, reproductive health decisions, or any other characteristic protected by law.