Manager, Email and Digital Strategy
- Digital Content & Engagement
- Reports To:
- Director, Digital Content & Engagement
- Full Time
- Job Code:
The Manager of Email and Digital Strategy is a leader in crafting and optimizing Carnegie Hall’s email marketing efforts from start to finish based on departmental and institutional objectives, primarily including (but not limited to) support of institutional messaging, constituent stewardship, ticket sales, fundraising, and educational outreach and recruitment. Responsibilities include collaboration on campaign timelines, copy, segmentation, and content; oversight of email routing and approvals; data-informed recommendations for iteration based on response rates and testing; and technical maintenance of the email system and processes. They actively seek opportunities for growth in thoughtful marketing automation by creating more efficient and effective workflows, and ensure technical aspects are running smoothly between the ESP (Wordfly) and CRM (Tessitura). Within the Digital Content and Engagement team, this position works closely with colleagues to consider how email marketing and approaches are a thoughtful component of holistic, cross-platform campaigns, and is responsible for usability testing of new website functionality. They report to the Director of Digital Content and Engagement, and manage a full-time email coordinator responsible for day-to-day email operations, such as content entry and circulation for approvals.
The Manager of Email and Digital Strategy is knowledgeable about best practices in email and web design, and ensures these standards continue to be met, testing and enhancing email templates to comply with trending technologies and device standards. They also manage technical aspects of the ESP, maintain relationships with third-party vendors, and work together with technical support and Carnegie Hall’s IT teams to resolve issues efficiently.
The ideal candidate will work successfully in a high-pressure environment with evolving deadlines and demands from many different departments within the organization. It is important that they can react quickly and efficiently to emergencies, and work with multiple stakeholders to ensure that communication is maintained.
- Culturally responsive, exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to project manage and act as a partner to multiple stakeholders; overseeing competing deadlines
- Thorough and detail-oriented approach to all aspects of role and responsibilities
- Extensive experience of enterprise-level email marketing platforms, particularly Wordfly
- Advanced HTML and CSS skills
- Experience with Tessitura software and contact list
- Familiarity with Photoshop
- Familiarity with Google Analytics
- Knowledge of GDPR, CAN-SPAM, and email database management best-practices
- Passion for or interest in learning about all genres of music
- Occasional after-hours and weekend coverage
- Three or more years of relevant experience
Carnegie Hall is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Decisions concerning employment are made on the basis of an individual’s qualifications to contribute to meeting Carnegie Hall’s needs, and Carnegie Hall is committed not to discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, color, national origin, citizenship, religion, sex (including gender identity, gender expression or status of being transgender), sexual orientation, marital status, familial status, status as a caregiver, status as a victim of domestic violence or sex offenses or stalking, criminal convictions (except where otherwise permitted by law), arrest record, credit history, pregnancy, age, mental or physical disability, veteran or military status, reproductive health decisions, or any other characteristic protected by law.