Manager, Foundation Relations
- Reports To:
- Director, Foundation Relations
- Full Time
Since 1891, New York's Carnegie Hall has set the international standard for excellence in performance, presenting exceptional concerts by the world’s finest artists on its three iconic stages, from orchestral concerts, chamber music, contemporary offerings, and recitals to jazz, world, and popular music. Complementing its performance activities, Carnegie Hall’s Weill Music Institute creates extensive music education and social impact programs that annually serve more than 600,000 people worldwide, playing a central role in fulfilling Carnegie Hall's commitment to making great music accessible to as many people as possible.
Description of the department’s team:
The Foundation Relations team is seeking a Manager to join its dynamic, close-knit group. Our team manages relationships with more than 100 foundations and raises about $4 million in revenue for Carnegie Hall every year. Our five-person team consists of a Director, Manager, Associate, Coordinator, and Intern.
Responsibilities include assisting the Foundation Relations Director in all aspects of foundation fundraising, with primary focus on restricted grant solicitations, proposal preparation, grant reporting, research, and related administrative duties.
Description of responsibilities
- Manage lifecycle of complex restricted foundation grants: write and manage submission of grant proposals and reports; write concept papers/overviews/LOIs for prospective donors; monitor progress on activities and budgets for ongoing grants as needed.
- Assist Foundation Relations Director with developing near- and longer-term cultivation strategies for active and prospective foundation relationships.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams at the Hall to identify new projects that will benefit from foundation support, to represent foundation and donor interests in existing grants, and to gather relevant information and data to produce high quality proposal and reports.
- Supervise Foundation Relations coordinator on selected proposals, reports, briefings, and stewardship materials; supervise as needed the research and writing of Foundation research profiles produced by intern and coordinator.
- Uncover new funding opportunities by monitoring the foundation field.
- Develop and maintain relationships with foundation program staff and donors through email, calls, meetings, concerts, and programs observations. Support Foundation Relations Director, Chief Development Officer, and Executive Director for all donor touchpoints and requests as needed.
- Enable Foundation Relations to meet revenue goals, using Tessitura database, by ensuring all contractual commitments and stewardship plans are met.
- BA/BS degree with 3 or more years of work experience required or equivalent graduate degree
- Grant writing experience strongly preferred
- Demonstrated interest in and knowledge of music, the arts, and social impact strong pluses
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented individual must possess excellent written, verbal, budget, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability in managing multiple projects and deadlines at once and able to work well under pressure
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and experience with database management essential
- Some evening and weekend hours required to meet proposal and reporting deadlines, for special events and during performance season.