Manager, Patron Programs
- Reports To:
- Director, Patron Programs
- Full Time
- Job Code:
The Patron Programs Manager will coordinate daily operations of the Patron Program with specific focus on the renewal and acquisition cycles, implementation of events, and donor communications.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Working closely with the Director of Patron Programs, manage the identification, cultivation, solicitation, renewal and stewardship of Patrons for this eight-figure program.
• Manage Patron Program acquisition and renewal process, including assisting with renewal correspondence, tracking donor communications, managing solicitation mailings and emails.
• Identify and research prospects for increased support within Patron Program, as well as research donor interests to align with Carnegie Hall’s education and artistic programming; support Director, Patron Programs as well as the Chief Development Officer, and Executive and Artistic Director.
• Manage weekly review by Patron Program team of all outstanding gifts and strategize about next steps, coordinating with major gifts officers. Work with Membership Director on strategies for telefundraising to maximize our channels for Patron acquisitions, upgrades, and renewals.
• Assist in identifying mid-level donors and major gift prospects by developing leads to drive upgrades, working closely with Patron Program Director and team, Director of Major Gifts and Director of Campaigns and Special Projects. In conjunction with Membership and Development Services, help develop and implement a strategic plan for Patron-level digital communications as well as managing the logistics of Patron email generation; work to develop and implement web and social media presence for Patron Program.
• Assist with event strategy and implementation. Provide support for event planning and benefit fulfilment for all patron programs throughout the season, including cultivation and stewardship events. Foster meaningful relationships with donors; host tables at Patron dinners
• Manage renewal process for Trustees, in coordination with relevant Development teams, handle high-level donor renewal calls and cultivation.
• Fulfill membership benefits; provide concierge ticketing assistance throughout the season, as needed to assist the Patron Desk Manager
• Organize and attend up to 10-12 events per season with the various donor groups; spearhead Chairman’s Dinner with Special Events
• Manage budgets with Director of Patron Programs, tracking projected revenue and expenses throughout fiscal year.
• Oversee and manage training and mentorship of departmental Assistants and Interns
• Attend other Development events as needed, to steward and entertain Patrons
• Participate in Concert duty, as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree with 3-5 years managerial/relevant experience
- Stellar written, verbal, communication, budget competencies, and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work with high level donors and trustees and engage leadership
- Highly motivated, self-starter, able to work independently and manage multiple projects on tight deadlines. High attention to detail and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with Tessitura preferred but not required.
- Understanding of classical music and enthusiasm for the arts preferred.