Manager, Video and Digital Content
- Marketing & Creative Services
- Reports To:
- Director of Digital Content & Engagement
- Full Time
As part of the Digital Content and Engagement team, this position helps ideate and plan for impactful video content that works effectively across digital platforms (including website, email, and social media), maximizing reach and ensuring that best practices for quality, search engine optimization, and web accessibility are met. The Manager, Video and Digital Content oversees presentation of digital media assets on carnegiehall.org and maintains Carnegie Hall’s YouTube channels, as well as proper archival storage and organization of digital media assets.
The Manager, Video and Digital Content works closely across many departments—including Marketing, Artistic Programming, Digital Media, and Public Relations/Archives teams—to contribute to content strategy, develop creative concepts and briefs, draft treatments and storyboards, and oversee video and content production focused on department and branding initiatives. Chief responsibilities include working with and communicating production plans to key internal stakeholders, licensing, approvals routing, managing ongoing relationships with existing third-party vendors and freelancers (video crews, video editors, production companies, writers, etc.), as well as seeking new relationships for emerging content needs and opportunities.
- Create, develop and produce innovative digital video programming and marketing content across a variety of Carnegie Hall channels (carnegiehall.org, YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, etc).
- Develop storyboards and produce videos including but not limited to season launch pieces, fundraising videos, marketing promos, and day-to-day social media videos.
- Work closely with Ensemble Connect members to explore multimedia opportunities during their two-year residency.
- Manage all aspects of project development, pre-production, production and post, including writing, shooting, editing, motion graphics, selection of music, editorial, and licensing.
- Oversee multiple projects simultaneously from concept through execution.
- Track budget spend and present reports as requested.
- Ensure projects are completed on time and on budget.
- Minimum of three years professional experience in video production and project management.
- Must work well in a high-pressure environment with many deadlines and demands, sometimes competing, from many different departments within the organization.
- Excellent editing and creative writing skills for web environments.
- Experience writing video treatments, outlines, and scripts.
- Extensive familiarity with Final Cut Pro and/or Adobe Premiere, Creative Suite and sound editing software.
- Familiarity with HTML and CSS; experience working in an enterprise-level Content Management System a plus.
- Experience with licensing music and photographs for use in video content.
- Must have a comprehensive understanding of/experience with creating social content and knowledge of the related specifications and drivers of success for social content.
- A strong creative eye and active interest in maintaining best practices in video content designed primarily for the web.
- Ability to be flexible and limber in the workplace as needs shift.
- Excellent time management along with ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Culturally responsive, superior communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Passion for and commitment to Carnegie Hall's mission and values.
- Some evening and weekend coverage required.
- Must have a portfolio/demo reel demonstrating relevant experience.