Marketing Manager, Education and Social Impact
- Reports To:
- Chief Marketing Officer
- Full Time
- Job Code:
- Mrkt Mngr Education
This role is tasked with developing marketing and recruitment goals, and creating budgets in collaboration with the various Weill Music Institute teams. In addition, the Marketing Manager is responsible for crafting strategic plans and implementing integrated marketing campaigns, including advertising (traditional and especially digital media), direct mail, email marketing, targeted offers, and other promotions as necessary.
In addition, the Marketing Manager will provide support for Carnegie Hall Presents programs (particularly those that intersect with WMI goals and initiatives), with a focus on audience development, engagement, and retention.
• Identify high-level tactics and opportunities to build awareness of Carnegie Hall’s Weill Music Institute.
• Maintain annual marketing and recruitment planning schedule and objectives for WMI programs, including goalsetting, tactics for measurement, and analyzing overall effectiveness and ROI.
• Develop, implement, and execute integrated marketing and recruitment campaigns and plans for Weill Music Institute programs, including but not limited to the Lullaby Project, family programming, Link Up, NYO ensembles (NYO USA, NYO2, NYO Jazz), Future Music Project, NeOn Arts, Ensemble Connect, workshops, and masterclasses.
• Identify opportunities, design strategies, and develop partnerships that promote equity and participation in WMI and Carnegie Hall performances and programs, working closely with WMI, the Director of Advertising and Promotions, and the Associate Director of Special Markets and Copywriting.
• Target market to New York City, national, and international “business-to-consumer” and “business-to-business” audiences.
• Liaise with the Marketing, Creative Services, and Digital Content & Engagement departments on behalf of and in collaboration with WMI.
• Write and edit marketing copy for brochures, website, email, and social media mediums.
• Develop, deepen, and maintain key relationships on behalf of Carnegie Hall.
• Organize and run cross-departmental meetings and brainstorm sessions.
• Track budget spend, sales, and recruitment numbers, presenting reports as requested.
• Ensure consistency and integration across all WMI campaigns and messages.
• Represent Carnegie Hall at performances, events, and conferences.
• Minimum of three years professional experience, preferably in arts education or arts marketing.
• Broad understanding of and interest in arts education.
• Proven track record of executing initiatives to generate revenue, drive attendance, and recruit participants.
• Ability to develop comprehensive, thoughtful marketing plans and strategies.
• Culturally responsive, superior communication and interpersonal skills
• Strong copy writing skills for all platforms, including print media and brochures, advertising, email, and social media.
• Knowledge of New York City based media and audiences.
• Impeccable attention to detail and organizational capacity.
• Excellent time management along with ability to work independently and collaboratively.
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, project managing and prioritizing requests.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, with a willingness to learn additional software programs. Knowledge of Tessitura preferred.
• Passion and knowledge of music, social justice practice, and/or the arts a major plus.
• Some evening and weekend coverage required.
To apply to this role, please send a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com . We are an equal opportunity employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.