Part-Time Operations Assistant
- Resnick Education Wing
- Reports To:
- Director, Education Wing Operations
- Part Time
Since 1891, Carnegie Hall has set the international standard for musical excellence as the aspirational destination for the world’s finest artists. The Hall presents a wide range of performances each season on its three iconic stages, including concert series curated by acclaimed artists and composers; orchestral performances, chamber music, new music concerts, and recitals; and the best in jazz, world, and popular music. Complementing these performance activities, Carnegie Hall’s Weill Music Institute creates extensive music education and social impact programs that annually serve more than 800,000 people worldwide, playing a central role in fulfilling Carnegie Hall’s commitment to making great music accessible to as many people as possible.
The Operations Assistant, Part-Time, Resnick Education Wing will support the Operations team in the daily functions of the Resnick Education Wing. In this role, the Operations Assistant will undertake an array of duties that includes administrative tasks, such as booking and administration of all rehearsal request and maintaining and updates of our reservation and guest management systems. The successful candidate must feel comfortable working independently and providing courteous customer service in a demanding environment.
- Provide exemplary customer assistance, greeting and directing guests to the multitude of spaces within the Resnick Education Wing (REW)
- Process reservation inquiries by individual constituents for use of practice rooms, studios, and ensemble rooms, including the monitoring and tracking of requested resources
- Conduct daily walkthroughs of the REW and report maintenance requests/needs
- Distribute weekly production schedules and event-related materials
- Ensure all individual spaces are ready for guests prior to their arrival
- Positive demeanor, professional phone manner, and good etiquette
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to identify problems and present solutions in a clear and concise manner
- Must possess the ability to prioritize competing tasks
- Possess a high level of integrity and discretion handling confidential information
- Must be an experienced user of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel) including spreadsheet creation and manipulation
- Experience with Sharepoint, Artifax, ProxyClick, and DocuSign preferred
- Demonstrated interest in arts, music, and/or education
- Flexible with working evening or weekend hours when additional support is required
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of Carnegie Hall Corp.
To apply to this role, please send a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com.
Carnegie Hall is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Decisions concerning employment are made on the basis of an individual’s qualifications to contribute to meeting Carnegie Hall’s needs, and Carnegie Hall is committed not to discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, color, national origin, citizenship, religion, sex (including gender identity, gender expression or status of being transgender), sexual orientation, marital status, familial status, status as a caregiver, status as a victim of domestic violence or sex offenses or stalking, criminal convictions (except where otherwise permitted by law), arrest record, credit history, pregnancy, age, mental or physical disability, veteran or military status, reproductive health decisions, or any other characteristic protected by law.