Part-Time Sales Assistant
- Reports To:
- Assistant Director, Retail
- Part Time
Since 1891, New York's Carnegie Hall has set the international standard for excellence in performance, presenting exceptional concerts by the world’s finest artists on its three iconic stages, from orchestral concerts, chamber music, contemporary offerings, and recitals to jazz, world, and popular music. Complementing its performance activities, Carnegie Hall’s Weill Music Institute creates extensive music education and social impact programs that annually serve more than 600,000 people worldwide, playing a central role in fulfilling Carnegie Hall's commitment to making great music accessible to as many people as possible.
Carnegie Hall seeks Gift Part-Time Sales Assistants for the Gift Shop. Job Responsibilities include:
- Handle cashier register sales
- Must be able to handle retail sales in a fast paced environment
- Stocking, arrangement, and organization of Shop merchandise on a daily basis.
- Daily retrieval and receiving of store merchandise in a timely manner
- Daily cash accounting of all shop locations
- Count-In/Count-Out, Load-In/Load-Out, and management/seller responsibilities of artist merchandise sales at evening concerts
- Mail Order and Online Order fulfillments
- Customer Service support not limited to on-site chat and phone support
- Retail experience, customer service experience, ability to multi-task, and ability to work in a busy environment desired
- Ability to work independently
- Computer Knowledge required
- Classical Music Knowledge a plus but not mandatory
- Availability nights and Saturdays and Sundays required
- Responsible individuals with a flexible schedule and ability to work overtime required
- Average 4-5 shifts per week and 15-20 hours per week
Carnegie Hall is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Decisions concerning employment are made on the basis of an individual’s qualifications to contribute to meeting Carnegie Hall’s needs, and Carnegie Hall is committed not to discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, color, national origin, citizenship, religion, sex (including gender identity, gender expression or status of being transgender), sexual orientation, marital status, familial status, status as a caregiver, status as a victim of domestic violence or sex offenses or stalking, criminal convictions (except where otherwise permitted by law), arrest record, credit history, pregnancy, age, mental or physical disability, veteran or military status, reproductive health decisions, or any other characteristic protected by law.