Senior Associate Manager
- Full Time
Since 1891, Carnegie Hall has set the international standard for musical excellence as the aspirational destination for the world’s finest artists. The Hall presents a wide range of performances each season on its three iconic stages, including concert series curated by acclaimed artists and composers; orchestral performances, chamber music, new music concerts, and recitals; and the best in jazz, world, and popular music. Complementing these performance activities, Carnegie Hall’s Weill Music Institute creates extensive music education and social impact programs that annually serve more than 800,000 people worldwide, playing a central role in fulfilling Carnegie Hall’s commitment to making great music accessible to as many people as possible.
We seek a Senior Associate Manager for our ticketing department to assist the CarnegieCharge Senior Manager in overseeing fast-paced telephone center operations for customer service and sales of tickets. Very strong managerial and customer service skills required. Must be available to work the following shift: Wednesday-Sunday 12pm-8pm.
Responsibilities include, but is not limited to:
- Fielding sales and customer service calls
- Assisting with escalated customer interactions
- Managing CarnegieCharge schedule and break schedule
- Preparing End of Day Reconciliation reports
- Training staff on procedures and policies
- Preparing daily shift reports for CarnegieCharge senior manager
- Managing the phone system by updating messages
- Fielding and monitoring customer service emails
- Coordinate with other departments
- Special projects per CarnegieCharge Senior Manager
- Performing supportive administrative work
Interaction with customers includes, but is not limited to: single ticket sales, subscription series sales, contributions, workshop registration, gift shop merchandise sales and inquiries for information on Carnegie Hall.
- Contact center managerial experience
- Possess management, communication, leadership, organizational skills
- Ability to function in a high-paced team environment and prioritize tasks
- Computer literate, knowledge of Tessitura a plus
- Knowledge of performing arts helpful
Carnegie Hall is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Decisions concerning employment are made on the basis of an individual’s qualifications to contribute to meeting Carnegie Hall’s needs, and Carnegie Hall is committed not to discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, color, national origin, citizenship, religion, sex (including gender identity, gender expression or status of being transgender), sexual orientation, marital status, familial status, status as a caregiver, status as a victim of domestic violence or sex offenses or stalking, criminal convictions (except where otherwise permitted by law), arrest record, credit history, pregnancy, age, mental or physical disability, veteran or military status, reproductive health decisions, or any other characteristic protected by law.