Hall Cleaner, Temporary
- Hall Operations
- Reports To:
- Manager, Accessibility and Operations
- Full Time
- Job Code:
We are seeking to fill the Temporary Hall Cleaner position. The Hall Cleaner role is a part of a collaborative team that ensures all concert halls and associated spaces are welcoming to patrons and artists throughout the duration of the engagement by maintaining their cleanliness.
A successful candidate will be able to work well with colleagues and teams across the organization and at all levels including management, supervisors and colleagues, understand when to escalate and communicate concerns/issues and notify the appropriate staff about deficiencies or repairs.
All Performance Cleaners are members of and must join Union Local 32BJ.
Shift to be filled is:
- Work Hours: 7:00 am – 3:00 pm
It should be noted that days worked are assigned by management and on weekends, all Performance Cleaners arrive one hour prior to the start of the first performance. You must be able to work nights, weekends and holidays as required, and maintain a flexible schedule and availability.
Tasks & Responsibilities Include (but aren’t limited to):
- Complete assigned/scheduled cleaning tasks both with a team and individually, including cleaning restrooms, floors, dusting, trash removal and other duties as needed (including cleaning rugs and windows)
- Follow directions consistently
- Work in a respectful manner with others
- Complete all assigned tasks
- Work in a reliable and punctual manner
- Relevant experience cleaning and maintaining a large space.
- Excellent and open communicator.
- Ability to work on your own and in a group.
Key Physical Requirements:
- Ability to lift at least 40lbs and carry it up stairs.
- Ability to stand, walk, lift, twist, and bend on a frequent basis.
- Ability to take stairs without using a handrail.
- Ability to operate simple machinery (for example: vacuums, extractors, buffers, etc.).
- Comfortable working in confined, wide open or high spaces.
- Must be able to work with a variety of cleaning products.