Web Content Manager
- Digital Content and Engagement
- Reports To:
- Director of Digital Content and Engagement
- Full Time
For more than a century, New York City's Carnegie Hall has set the international standard for excellence in performance. Its walls have echoed with applause for the world's outstanding classical music artists, as they have for the greatest popular musicians and many prominent dancers, authors, social crusaders, and world figures who have appeared on its stages. Today, the venue remains a preeminent concert hall and a vital, active cultural destination for performers and audiences.
The Web Content Manager is responsible for maintaining up-to-date, meaningful, and engaging content on the newly redesigned carnegiehall.org. This includes managing requests from key stakeholders within Art and Editorial, Artistic Programming, Development, Marketing, Public Relations, and the Weill Music Institute, among others. The Web Content Manager is a highly collaborative role, working directly with other Digital Content & Engagement (DCE) personnel to support video, social media, and email campaigns, as well as the needs of many departments across the institution.
In addition to ongoing support for many Weill Music Institute programs, the Web Content Manager will take a leadership role in developing a new digital solution for presenting the Institute’s online education resources on the redesigned site. This position also assists in monthly reporting of key performance indicators and website metrics, working closely with the Director of Digital Content & Engagement on search engine optimization and developing and implementing A/B testing and personalization strategies.
On occasion, the Web Content Manager may provide back-up support for email marketing and social media, and will be cross trained in email and social media management platforms.
- Must have knowledge of responsive web design and experience working on a modern website; Expertise in HTML and CSS is essential
- Knowledge of Sitecore or previous experience working with an enterprise-level CMS
- Strong attention to detail and interpersonal skills; experience communicating with web developers and vendors a plus
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, project managing and prioritizing requests from a variety of personnel
- Familiarity with Google Analytics and/or experience analyzing and interpreting data
- Experience with photo and video editing software recommended
- Passion for classical music, music education, and/or the arts a major plus
To apply to this role, please send a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com. We are an equal opportunity employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.