- Web Development
- Reports To:
- Associate Director, Web Development
- Full Time
- Job Code:
Since 1891, New York's Carnegie Hall has set the international standard for excellence in performance, presenting exceptional concerts by the world’s finest artists on its three iconic stages, from orchestral concerts, chamber music, contemporary offerings, and recitals to jazz, world, and popular music. Complementing its performance activities, Carnegie Hall’s Weill Music Institute creates extensive music education and social impact programs that annually serve more than 600,000 people worldwide, playing a central role in fulfilling Carnegie Hall's commitment to making great music accessible to as many people as possible.
As part of the Web Development team at Carnegie Hall, you will be responsible for supporting our front and back-end development efforts for carnegiehall.org. You will play a key role on a dynamic team focusing on building new features for a transactional website that specializes in ticket sales, donations and educational and promotional content. Develop your programming skills, learn new technologies and work directly with product owners and stakeholders to bring their visions to life. You should be comfortable both working independently and leading a project from start to finish. Passion for or interest in music and/or Carnegie Hall's mission.
- Creating and improving Sitecore modules to enhance the editing experience.
- Being proactive in refactoring the C# code, especially to increase performance for high traffic ticket sales.
- Participating in all phases of website development lifecycle including sprint planning, programming, integration, testing, and release.
- Improving the customer experience with security and accessibility in mind.
- Writing documentation and providing support for technical and non-technical employees.
- Implementing new Tessitura features and constantly improving our Tessitura integration.
- Supporting eCommerce activities including ticket sales and donations.
- BA/BS degree with 3 years’ experience in website development and support.
- Experience with a content management system, Sitecore a plus.
- Understanding of web technologies. .NET, C#, IIS preferred but not required.
- Experience in the integration of off-the-shelf web applications, and integration with third party APIs to interface with the system.
- Knowledge of MS SQL Server a plus.
- Experience with ticketing and fundraising applications, Tessitura a plus.
- Experience with GIT.
- Familiarity with issue tracking software and management, Atlassian suite preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills are required.
Carnegie Hall is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Decisions concerning employment are made on the basis of an individual’s qualifications to contribute to meeting Carnegie Hall’s needs, and Carnegie Hall is committed not to discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, color, national origin, citizenship, religion, sex (including gender identity, gender expression or status of being transgender), sexual orientation, marital status, familial status, status as a caregiver, status as a victim of domestic violence or sex offenses or stalking, criminal convictions (except where otherwise permitted by law), arrest record, credit history, pregnancy, age, mental or physical disability, veteran or military status, reproductive health decisions, or any other characteristic protected by law.