Unleash Your Inner Dancing Queen!
Are you ready to unleash your inner Dancing Queen? Carnegie Hall will host a disco-glam attire contest for ticket holders attending The New York Pops season-opening concert, The Music of ABBA, on October 15, with special guest vocal group Rajaton. Participants are invited to embrace the spirit of the decade and flaunt their finest leisure suits, bell bottoms, glitter gowns, and other 1970s attire while enjoying some of ABBA's most popular chart-topping hits that include "Dancing Queen," "Mamma Mia," and "Take a Chance on Me."
Participating ticket holders will have their photos taken in the main lobby during intermission. The photos will be posted on Carnegie Hall's Facebook page on October 16, where fans can vote for best attire and a number of other categories that include "Cutest Couple" and "Most Creative." The grand prize winner will be awarded a pair of tickets to three New York Pops performances at Carnegie Hall during the 2010–2011 season, as well as a chance to meet New York Pops Music Director Steven Reineke backstage. See below for contest rules.
Following the concert, tap your toes all the way to Gossip Bar at 733 Ninth Avenue for an ABBA after-party. From 10:30 PM–1 AM, mingle with Mr. Reineke and guest artists Rajaton, show off your retro outfit, and sip on a "Mamma Mia Martini."
For the most up to date information on the contest, visit the Carnegie Hall Facebook page.
Carnegie Hall Friends
Carnegie Hall members will have the opportunity to watch free Open Working Rehearsals for the October 15, The Music of Abba, and the November 19, Stephen Sondheim 80th Birthday Celebration. Members can reserve Open Working Rehearsal passes by calling CarnegieCharge at 212-247-7800 beginning September 15 at 11 AM. To become a member and attend the open working rehearsals visit the Friends section of our website.
- A concert ticket to the October 15, 2010 New York Pops performance is required to participate—tickets may be purchased at carnegiehall.org.
- Carnegie Hall Facebook fans will vote between October 16 and 22, 2010.
- Winners will be announced on October 25, 2010.
- Only photos taken by the Carnegie Hall official photographer will be eligible.
- Fan photos will not be considered.
- Winners will be contacted via email.
- Carnegie Hall staff members are not eligible to participate.