Carnegie Hall is Looking for Composers and Solo String Players
Whether you're a composer or a string player with an adventurous spirit, Kaija Saariaho and Anssi Karttunen: New Works for Solo Strings is an invaluable way to learn firsthand about the collaborative process of creating new music. Led by Kaija Saariaho—holder of The 2011–2012 Richard and Barbara Debs Composer's Chair—and Finnish cellist Anssi Karttunen, it culminates in a performance in Zankel Hall of works by Saariaho and participating composers.
Kaija Saariaho and Annsi Karttunen.
This workshop offers:
- Coaching sessions and master classes with world-renowned musicians
- Two opportunities to showcase your work at Carnegie Hall
- Career resources uniquely tailored for artists ages 18–35
- One-on-one collaboration with specially selected peers from around the world
- Travel and hotel allowance for participants traveling from outside New York City
- An insightful environment that can foster lifelong relationships and inspire artistic vision
The Professional Training Workshops of Carnegie Hall's Weill Music
Institute provide young artists with unique opportunities to explore many
aspects of musical life with the leading artists of our time. Visit carnegiehall.org/workshops or call 212-903-9733 for more information.
Application Deadline: September 1, 2011
Professional Training Workshops
Kaija Saariaho and Anssi Karttunen: New Works for Solo Strings
Photos: Saariaho by Priska Ketterer, Karttunen by Irmeli Jung.