Sign Up Now for Link Up: The Orchestra Rocks
Join Carnegie Hall's Weill Music Institute this year for Link Up: The Orchestra Rocks. In this program, students in grades 3–5 discover how composers and musicians play with elements of rhythm, creating patterns of sound and silence that are expressive and exciting. Exploring a range of orchestral repertoire, students sing, play the recorder and/or the violin, compose, and perform in a culminating concert at Carnegie Hall.
- • One interactive concert at Carnegie Hall featuring a professional orchestra, conductor, and Link Up students from the tri-state area
- • One required professional development workshop per year for teachers
- • The Orchestra Rocks curriculum guide, soprano recorder, CD, and DVD for participating teachers
- • Bowings for string teachers in the curriculum's printed repertoire
- • Soprano recorder and The Orchestra Rocks workbook for each student
- • Online materials and resources, including Link Up Beginnings skills-focused curriculum and audio for teachers and students
To sign up, each teacher can apply online. Applications for Link Up are due by October 20, 2012 and are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. The fee for Link Up is $30 per teacher and $6 per student. Concert admission for one chaperone per 10 students is included free of charge.
Last year, Link Up served more than 13,500 students and teachers from more than 120 schools in the New York City area. Join us this year and be part of the experience!