Welcome to Musical Explorers Digital! This curriculum is designed to connect students in grades K–2 to rich and diverse musical communities as they build fundamental music skills through listening, singing, and moving to songs from all over the world. In each program, you and your students will meet three artists who each represent a different musical genre and cultural tradition; many have reinvented these deeply rooted traditions to make them their own. Together, you will learn songs and dances that you will perform along with the artists during a culminating interactive digital concert experience.
Here is how you can participate in Musical Explorers Digital:
- Choose one of the programs to explore with your students, each encompassing three artists and the genres that they represent.
- Complete the professional development course.
- Dive into the lessons with your students, teaching each song and choosing supporting activities that best fit your classroom needs.
- Utilize the "Becoming Musical Explorers" activities to support active engagement with the lessons.
- Create a culminating interactive concert experience for your students at the completion of the program, using the concert video.
- Reflect on the concert experience using the activities provided.
Explore Georgian Folk with Ilusha, Freedom Songs with Imani Uzuri, and Haitian with Emeline.
Explore Argentine Folk with Sofia R and Sofia T, Native American with Martha, and South African Zulu with Bongi and Tshidi.
Explore Greek Folk with Magda, Malian Traditional with Yacouba, and Indian Classical with Falu.
Explore Jazz with Brianna, Bomba and Plena with Juan and Julia, and Brazilian with Fabiana.