New York City 2020–2021 Program Details
To participate in Musical Explorers in New York City, please apply to be a Musical Explorers teacher. Once your application is reviewed, you will receive a confirmation email from the Carnegie Hall staff with an invitation to select which concerts you will attend. Applications open on May 13.
- two interactive concerts per year, one on-demand Digital Concert Experience in the winter and one live concert experience in Zankel Hall in the spring
- two required professional development workshops (Fall 2020 and Winter 2021)
- a Musical Explorers teacher guide featuring lessons and creative extensions for yearlong coursework, geared toward both music teachers and general classroom teachers
- Musical Explorers student guides
- digital resources, including video and audio recordings
Professional Development Workshop Schedule
All participating teachers are required to attend two professional development workshops (2.5 hours each): Fall 2020 and Winter 2021.
Fall 2020 Professional Development Workshops (Choose One)
Wednesday, September 9 at 4:30 PM–7 PM
Saturday, September 12 at 10:30 AM–1 PM
Winter 2021 Professional Development Workshops (Choose One)
Tuesday, January 26 at 4:30 PM–7 PM
Tuesday, January 27 at 4:30 PM–7 PM
Winter 2021 Concerts will be available to registered schools as an on-demand Digital Concert Experience in January 2021. Find out more about these concerts.
Spring 2021 concerts will take place on Tuesday, May 11–Friday May 14 at 10:15 AM and 11:45 AM, at Zankel Hall at Carnegie Hall
There are fees of $6 per student and $50 per teacher. Schools are permitted to bring one chaperone for every 10 students free of charge to concerts. Payment by personal check, credit card, or copy of certified purchase order is due by Monday, February 1, 2021.