The Audience Engagement Intensive invites chamber ensembles with three to six members to apply for its 2019 summer program. Please read the application requirements, key dates, and guidelines (including eligibility) below. Please ensure that your group’s name is clearly noted on all materials. If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.
The Audience Engagement Intensive is completely free. Travel, accommodations, and meals are not provided.
Applications Open: November 20
Application Deadline: March 1
Recommendation Deadline: March 15
Selected Participants Notified: April 15
Audience Engagement Intensive: June 4–11
Each group should submit one application form that includes information for all members.
- One Introduction Video: Create a short video introducing your group. It should be brief (maximum 5 minutes) and homemade, and should include each member of the group answering the following questions:
- What is your name, instrument, and hometown?
- Why is audience engagement important to you?
- Two Performance Videos: Submit two videos of contrasting movements as separate files. Each performance video should be between five and 10 minutes. They can be excerpts from a larger movement or work.
We require that you submit links to your videos using YouTube, Dropbox, or Google Drive.
Letter of Recommendation
Ask one person who knows your group’s playing and interest in community engagement to submit a letter of recommendation via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ensembles must be a preformed chamber group of any genre or instrumentation consisting of three to six players.
- All members must be age 18 or older.
- The ensemble must have 30 minutes of repertoire prepared for performance level prior to the Audience Engagement Intensive.
- Musicians who are not US citizens must already be in the US on an F or O visa.