Grant Eligibility Checklist
- You are available to collaborate with NeON Arts staff and stakeholders to plan, implement, and execute an arts workshop online.
- Your past work in the arts has been conducted in at least one of the five boroughs of New York City.
- You have previous experience working with youth.
- You are able to plan and produce a final event that allows participants to share their work and accomplishments.
You will be notified via email if you are invited to attend a pitch presentation, which will be held online. Pitch presentations allow artists and arts organizations to talk with NeON stakeholders about their application and workshop ideas. Stakeholders will ask questions after each video presentation. Your presentation should last for five to seven minutes and include:
- your arts mission
- a workshop proposal
- a description of benefits for young people
- a summary tying everything together
Artists and arts organizations are selected to receive grants by local NeON stakeholder groups comprising DOP staff members, individuals on probation, key members of the community, and local businesses. There are three grant rounds: Fall/Winter, Spring, and Summer Internship Intensive. For Fall/Winter and Spring, the grant amount awarded will be up to $15,000 per NeON. For the Summer Internship Intensive, the grant amount awarded will be up to $8,000 per NeON. If you are selected to receive a grant for more than one workshop, you will be awarded a separate grant for each workshop for which you are selected. If your grant application is not selected, you will have the opportunity to apply again when future rounds are announced. If you would like to receive feedback on your grant application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You do not have to be a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization or have a fiscal sponsor to apply.
- Partnerships can be valuable to the success of NeON Arts projects. While it is not required, applicants are encouraged to explore partnerships with organizations both within and outside of the arts.