Future Music Project Ensemble
Future Music Project Ensemble is a collective of the brightest young musicians from across New York City. In this youth-led ensemble, teens bring their unique musical styles and learn the skills they need to create, perform, and produce original music. The ensemble is composed of students ages 14–19 (high school and up).
An audition-based music collective of up to 15 young musicians, Future Music Project Ensemble is as diverse and vibrant as New York City itself. The ensemble aims to create an aspirational place for exceptionally talented teens to develop music and ideas and share them with the world. Ensemble members are expected to commit to performing in 19 concerts and coming to Carnegie Hall after school throughout the week. All members meet on Tuesdays for workshops from 4 PM–6:30 PM, with additional rehearsals scheduled around events throughout the year.
During the 2018–2019 school year, ensemble members will
- Share work in monthly Studio 57 Live concerts
- Perform in a concert in Carnegie Hall’s Zankel Hall
- Record professionally produced albums
- Make music with award-winning artists, including Toshi Reagon
Future Music Project invites young people ages 14–19 (high school and up) to apply to audition for Future Music Project Ensemble during the 2018–2019 school year.
All application materials must be submitted using an online form administered by Acceptd, a service that provides a digital audition platform to many performing arts schools and programs. In order to start the FMP Ensemble application, you will need to create an Acceptd account. (If you already have one, you can start a new application using your existing account.) Once you have created an Acceptd account, you will be able to save your progress at any time. If this is your first experience with an online digital audition service, we encourage you to allow enough time to upload and review the required application videos to make certain they represent your playing as effectively as possible.
Ensemble members are encouraged to attend a Studio 57 workshop (Saturdays from 11 AM to 3 PM) where they will have access to music equipment and Carnegie Hall staff support for their applications. Application support starts on December 8 and continues until applications close. Ensemble members are also featured on all Studio 57 Live concerts. Learn more about Studio 57 and view the Studio 57 Live schedule.
- December 4: Ensemble Applications open
- December 7: Ensemble performance in NYC at Bronx Library Center
- January 26: Ensemble performance in NYC at Rockwood Music Hall
- March 29: Ensemble performance in NYC
- April 30: Ensemble Applications close
- May 11: Ensemble performance in NYC
- May 19: Ensemble performance in Zankel Hall for Soul Mechanisms: A Concert Celebrating the Music of Migrations
- June 7: Ensemble Auditions for 2019–2020 season
- June 8: Ensemble Auditions for 2019–2020 season
- June 12: Ensemble performance in NYC
- June 17: Ensemble performance in NYC
Applications for the Future Music Project Ensemble are now closed. To apply for the 2019–2020 Ensemble, please check our website in early December.
Visit the Frequently Asked Questions page for more information.
If you have additional questions, please email email@example.com or call 212-903-9625.