Performance Residency for Instrumental School Programs
Fellows of Ensemble Connect are extraordinary young professional musicians, and are engaged in a two-year program that supports their pursuit of careers combining musical excellence with education, community engagement, advocacy, and leadership.
For the school-partnership component of Ensemble Connect, fellows will team up with an instrumental music specialist for two years in a New York City public school for an in-depth performance residency, bringing their artistry, creativity, and enthusiasm to support instrumental learning.
Benefits for Ensemble Connect Partner Schools
Each year, Ensemble Connect partner schools benefit from the following:
- Partnership with an Ensemble Connect fellow—25 in-person visits over the course of the school year, or the equivalent in remote-learning support
- Access to performances by members of Ensemble Connect, either in person or via video recording
- $500 materials stipend
- Five professional development sessions for instrumental music specialists, in person or via a synchronous remote platform
- Access to support and supplemental remote instrumental learning materials by the community of musicians in Ensemble Connect
- Administrative support from Ensemble Connect staff
Program Fee: $1,500 per year