NEW YORK CITY 2020–2021
In order to become a Musical Explorers teacher in New York City, all teachers must apply to be in the program. To apply to bring Musical Explorers to your school, email firstname.lastname@example.org and include your contact info, school city and state, grade level, and number of students.
As a part of Musical Explorers in the 2020–2021 school year, participating teachers will receive
- two interactive concerts (winter and spring) per year via the Musical Explorers on-demand videos
- two required virtual professional development workshops (fall and spring)
- a printed Teacher Guide featuring lessons and creative extensions for yearlong coursework, geared toward both music teachers and general classroom teachers
- printed Student Guide workbooks
- digital resources, including video and audio recordings
Professional Development Workshop Schedule
All participating teachers are required to attend two professional development workshops (each 2.5 hours long): one in the fall 2020, and the other in the winter 2021. For the 2020–2021 season, all professional development workshops will be hosted online.
Fall Professional Development Workshop
Saturday, September 12, 2020 at 10:30 AM–1 PM
A recording of this workshop is available on demand.
Spring Professional Development Workshop
Wednesday, January 27, 2021 at 4:30 PM–7 PM
Winter Concert Schedule
The on-demand concert will be released in late January 2021.
Spring Concert Schedule
The on-demand concert will be released in mid-May 2021.
Due to the ongoing pandemic, fees have been waived for the 2020–2021 school year for all participating schools.